Anon Biotec web board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow

3 posters

Go down

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow Empty Shiitake Night Velvet Grow

ตั้งหัวข้อ  houdinihar Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:26 am

Hello Friends,

Here is a portion of my Shiitake Night Velvet grow which is a strain from Field and Forest Mushrooms www.fieldforest.net it is a fast growing warmer weather strain.

I used sawdust spawn and inoculated to sawdust and small shavings enhanced with wheat bran and placed into a filter patch grow bag and sterilized for 2 hours in my stovetop autoclave just to be sure. My sawdust came from a carpenter who builds cabinets. He just throws away this stuff. I allowed to colonize at room temps of 76-80 degrees F and started back on November the 5th, 2010.

Colonizing
http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-50/262791026-shiiake_night_velvet.jpg

My bags were totally colonized in 2 weeks or less. I wasn't chinchy on the spawn rate. I probably used 15% spawn to substrate. After a month they were placed into a cooler environment in my garage for 2 weeks before I noticed pinning taking place in most of the bags -4 out of 5. Our temps varied a great deal here, anywhere from the 30's to 70's F, but most of the time they wre at least hovering in the 50-60 degree F range. So, around December the 15th or 16th is when I opened my first 2 bags and placed into a fruiting chamber outside on my porch. By that time they had already begun to push out little button-like primorida.

Buttons--
http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-50/262791102-shiitake_night_velvet_closeup_buttons.jpg

Some of the bags were browner than others, but none were totally brown as you will see in the pics. I read back in Stamets "Growing Gourmet Medical Mushrooms" and noted that he did the fruiting simularly, and often fruited before all the blocks were totally brown and blistered. I did not do this to prove anything one way or the other, only to grow some fresh Shiitake in my warmer climate in Texas. So far I am pleased with the way this is going. Plus, it just happened that way. I have no way to actually totally control my temps and humidity to the Nth degree at this time. We all work with what we have.

The primordia are growing out rapidly, as our little babies often do, and I have had to move around my blocks to ensure that I am not crowding my new immature mushrooms.

Enjoy these pics.

http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-51/285682284-Shiitake_Night_Velvet_The_Block.jpg
http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-51/285682244-Shiitake_Night_Velvet_The_Block_2.jpg
http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-51/285682203_Shiitake_Night_Velvet_primordia.jpg
http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-51/285682166-Shiitake_Night_Velvet_primordia_2.jpg
http://files.shroomery.org/files/10-51/285682116-Shiitake_Night_Velvet_4some.jpg

take care all,

houdinihar

แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย houdinihar เมื่อ Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 am, ทั้งหมด 2 ครั้ง (Reason for editing : to fix the links)

houdinihar

จำนวนข้อความ : 15

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow Empty Many thanks to you, Houdinihar.

ตั้งหัวข้อ  KaiOtoko Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Hello Houdinihar,
I'm Jew, a student of Archarn Dr. Anon. Nice to have you here in this community, and sincerely welcome to this warm family with opened arms.
Thank you very much for your generous participation, and your thoughtfulness to share the useful experiences to us all. Unfortunately, there may be some technical problems about the picture uploading system, since your photos uploaded do not appear properly. Anyway, the details you provided us is very useful and broaden my horizon in mushroom cultivation.
Hope to hear from you frequently. Once again, welcome to our family!
Take care,
Jew
KaiOtoko
KaiOtoko

จำนวนข้อความ : 121

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow Empty Re: Shiitake Night Velvet Grow

ตั้งหัวข้อ  houdinihar Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:11 am

Jew,

Thank you for this nice welcome. I think sharing is one of the greatest aids for us in our mushroom community. If it were not for people sharing I wouldn't have learned so far what I know. An dI consider myself a perpetual student always learning.

I edited my links. For some reason the [img][/img] is not working. At least now you can click on them and see what I have. I did have them working when I posted earlier , so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks for bringing that up to my attention.

Dave

houdinihar

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow Empty RE: Shiitake Night Velvet Grow

ตั้งหัวข้อ  packdee58 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Dear Dave,
I would like to ask your permission to reattach the pictures and repost your text with my translation for being convenience to our friends. Your pictures are too large.

Col.Packdee Tongon
packde58@gmail.com

"Hello Friends,

Here is a portion of my Shiitake Night Velvet grow which is a strain from Field and Forest Mushrooms www.fieldforest.net it is a fast growing warmer weather strain.
นี่คือส่วนหนึ่งของการเพาะเห็ดหอมของผม ซึ่งได้สายพันธ์มาจาก Forest Mushrooms www.fieldforest.net เป็นสายพันธ์ที่เจริญเร็วในสภาพอากาศอบอุ่นกว่า

I used sawdust spawn and inoculated to sawdust and small shavings enhanced with wheat bran and placed into a filter patch grow bag and sterilized for 2 hours in my stovetop autoclave just to be sure. My sawdust came from a carpenter who builds cabinets. He just throws away this stuff. I allowed to colonize at room temps of 76-80 degrees F and started back on November the 5th, 2010.
ผมใช้หัวเชื้อที่เลี้ยงไว้ในขี้เลื่อยและเขี่ยเชื้อลงอาหารขี้เลื่อยที่ผสมรำข้าวสาลี บรรจุลงถุง (a filter patch grow bag). แล้วนึ่งฆ่าเชื้อนาน 2 ชม.ในหม้อนึ่งความดันเพื่อให้แน่ใจ ขี้เลื่อยผมได้มาจากช่างไม้ที่ทำตู้ ช่างคนนี้ทิ้งขี้เลื่อย ผมบ่มให้เส้นใยเจริญที่อุณหภูมิห้อง 76-80 องศา F เริ่มทำเมื่อวันที่ 5 พฤศจิกายน 2553

Colonizing
Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D00z

My bags were totally colonized in 2 weeks or less. I wasn't chinchy on the spawn rate. I probably used 15% spawn to substrate. After a month they were placed into a cooler environment in my garage for 2 weeks before I noticed pinning taking place in most of the bags -4 out of 5. Our temps varied a great deal here, anywhere from the 30's to 70's F, but most of the time they wre at least hovering in the 50-60 degree F range. So, around December the 15th or 16th is when I opened my first 2 bags and placed into a fruiting chamber outside on my porch. By that time they had already begun to push out little button-like primorida.
เส้นใยเจริญเต็มถุงภายในเวลา 2 สัปดาห์ หรือเร็วกว่า ผมไม่ได้ประหยัดอัตรส่วนหัวเชื้อ ผมอาจหยอดหัวเชื้อ ในอัตราส่วน 15% ของวัสดุเพาะ หลังจากนั้นหนึ่งเดือนผมเอาถุงก้อนเชื้อเก็บไว้โรงรถซึ่งอยู่ในสภาพอากาศที่เย็นกว่า นาน 2 อาทิตย์ ก่อนหน้านั้นผมได้เห็นตุ่มดอกเห็ดเล็ก ๆ งอกขึ้นในถุงก้อนเชื้อส่วนใหญ่ 4 ใน 5 ถุง อุณหภูมิที่นี่มีการเปลี่ยนแปลงแตกต่างกันสูงมาก จาก 30 ถึง 70 องศา F แต่ส่วนใหญ่แล้วจะขึ้นลงอยู่ระหว่าง 50-60 องศา F เมื่อราววันที่ 15 หรือ 16 ธันวาคม เมื่อผมแกะถุงก้อนเชื้อสองถุงแรกออก แล้วเอาไปใส่ในกล่องเปิดดอก โดยวางกล่องไว้ข้างนอกบนระเบียงบ้าน ตอนนั้นก้อนเชื้อได้เกิดตุ่มเล็ก ๆ ขึ้นแล้ว เหมือนตุ่มดอกเห็ด

Buttons--
Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D01j

Some of the bags were browner than others, but none were totally brown as you will see in the pics. I read back in Stamets "Growing Gourmet Medical Mushrooms" and noted that he did the fruiting simularly, and often fruited before all the blocks were totally brown and blistered. I did not do this to prove anything one way or the other, only to grow some fresh Shiitake in my warmer climate in Texas. So far I am pleased with the way this is going. Plus, it just happened that way. I have no way to actually totally control my temps and humidity to the Nth degree at this time. We all work with what we have.
ก้อนเชื้อบางถุงมีสีน้ำตาลมากกว่าก้อนอื่น ๆ, แต่ไม่มีก้อนใดที่เป็นสีน้ำตาลทั้งถุงดังที่ท่านจะเห็นในรูป ผมย้อนไปอ่านในหนังสือ "Growing Gourmet Medical Mushrooms" ของ Stamets พบว่าลักษณะการออกดอกเห็ดของเขาก็เหมือนกัน, และบ่อยครั้งที่เกิดดอกเห็ดขึ้นก่อนที่ก้อนเชื้อจะเปลี่ยนเป็นสีน้ำตาลทั้งก้อนและบวมขึ้น ที่ผมทำอย่างนี้ไม่ได้เพื่อพิสูจน์อะไร, เพียงต้องการเพาะให้ได้เห็ดหอมสดในสภาพภูมิอากาศที่อบอุ่นในรัฐเท็กซัสเท่านั้น จนถึงขณะนี้ผมดีใจกับการเพาะด้วยวิธีที่ทำอยู่ ร่วมกับที่มันได้ผลอย่างนั้น ผมไม่มีทางที่จะควบคุมอุณหภูมิและความชื้นได้อย่างสมบูรณ์ ในสภาพอุณภูมิตามธรรมชาติ (Nth degree) ที่เป็นอยู่ในขณะนี้อยู่ที่ พวกเราทำทุกอย่างกับสิ่งที่เรามีอยู่

The primordia are growing out rapidly, as our little babies often do, and I have had to move around my blocks to ensure that I am not crowding my new immature mushrooms.
ตุ่มดอกเห็ดโตเร็วมาก, เหมือนกับลูก ๆ ของเราโต, ผมต้องขยับก้อนเชื้อออกให้ห่างกันเพื่อไม่ให้ดอกเห็ดที่ยังโตไม่ได้ที่ เบียดกัน

Enjoy these pics.

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D02s

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D03y

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D04q

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D05iq

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow D06a

take care all,

houdinihar"
packdee58
packdee58

จำนวนข้อความ : 133

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Shiitake Night Velvet Grow Empty Re: Shiitake Night Velvet Grow

ตั้งหัวข้อ  houdinihar Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:39 am

Packdee,

Thank you. Sorry for the size. I don't know what the limit is.
And it was a great idea to do the translation, too.

Thanks,
Dave

houdinihar

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน